Saturday, April 2, 2016

Already - still - always - yet

ALREADY
  • Already is used to say that something has happened earlier than expected or
    earlier than it might have happened. :
    • Hurry up Susan. Breakfast is ready!
    • I've already had breakfast thanks. I woke up early.
STILL
  • Still is used to refer to continuing situations.
    • They've been married for 40 years and they still love each other.
    • I moved to this town five years ago and I'm still living here.
ALWAYS
  • Always is used to refer to something that happens regularly.
    • always send cards at Christmas.
    • Sue always takes the 8 o'clock train to work.
YET
  • Yet is used to ask if something expected has happened
    • Has the postman arrived yet?
  • To say that something expected hasn't happened.
    • The book I ordered hasn't arrived yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment