Saturday, December 17, 2016

Telephone

Making contact :
  • Hello / Good morning / Good afternoon ...
  • This is John Brown speaking
  • Could I speak to ......... please?
  • I'd like to speak to ..... .....
  • I'm trying to contact ..........
Giving more information:
  • I'm calling from Tokyo / Paris / New York / Sydney ...
  • I'm calling on behalf of Mr. X ...
Taking a call :
  • X speaking.
  • Can I help you?
Asking for a name / information :
  • Who's calling please?
  • Who's speaking?
  • Where are you calling from?
  • Are you sure you have the right number / name?
Asking the caller to wait :
  • Hold the line please.
  • Could you hold on please?
  • Just a moment please.
Connecting :
  • Thank you for holding.
  • The line's free now ... I'll put you through.
  • I'll connect you now  / I'm connecting you now.
Giving negative information :
  • I'm afraid the line's engaged. Could you call back later?
  • I'm afraid he's in a meeting at the moment.
  • I'm sorry. He's out of the office today. /
    He isn't in at the moment.
  • I'm afraid we don't have a Mr./Mrs./Ms/Miss. ... here
  • I'm sorry.  There's nobody here by that name.
  • Sorry.  I think you've dialled the wrong number./

    I'm afraid you've got the wrong number.
Telephone problems :
  • The line is very bad ...  Could you speak up please?
  • Could you repeat that please?
  • I'm afraid I can't hear you.
  • Sorry. I didn't catch that.  Could you say it again please?
Leaving /
Taking a message :
  • Can I leave / take a message?
  • Would you like to leave a message?
  • Could you give him/her a message?
  • Could you ask him/her to call me back?
  • Could you tell him/her that I called?
  • Could you give me your name please?
  • Could you spell that please?
  • What's your number please?

No comments:

Post a Comment