Saturday, December 12, 2015

Present Continuous Tense

AffirmativeNegativeInterrogative
Long FormContracted Form




I am playingI am not playingI'm not playingAm I playing?
You are playingYou are not playingYou're not playingAre you playing?
He/she/it is playingHe/she/it is not playingHe/she/it's not playingIs he/she/it playing?
We are playingWe are not playingWe're not playingAre we playing?
You are playingYou are not playingYou're not playingAre you playing?
They are playingThey are not playingThey're not playingAre they playing?
The present continuous tense is used:
  • To talk about continuous activities :

    • At the time of speaking :
      • I am reading this page now.
    • Around now, in a more general sense :
      • I am learning English this year.


  • To talk about planned future activities or intentions :
    • Tom and Mary are coming to dinner tomorrow. They called to confirm.
    • I am spending my holidays in Australia. I have already booked my flight.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment